[rescue] What a load of...

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Wed Sep 26 12:06:37 CDT 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:56:04 -0500 (CDT)
> Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Sun machines!
> >
> > I just dropped off about 24 Sun boxes to Rich K., who intends to get them
> > to Univ. of Maryland Linux Club members over the next few days...
> >
> > >From memory, it was:
> >
> > 12 Ultra 2s w/o PCPU, RAM, HD or video
> > 8 Ultra 1s (147 -> 200 MHz, some Enterprise versions, some not w/o RAM, HD,
> > video) 4 SS/5 (85 or 110 MHz, some had a small bit of RAM but no video)
> > 2 Ultra 5s (270 MHz, w/o RAM or HD)
> > 6 TGX framebuffers
> > 64 32 Meg DIMMs
> > 16 power cords ;^)
> >
> > It was quite a load - I'll post pictures if there is interest - the back of
> > my car was quite full, and Rick just giggled when I pulled up... Then we
> > transferred it all to his car 8^)
>
> Car?
>
> What kind of "car" do you have?  One of those battleship sized Chryslers from
> the early 70s, insides hollowed out for carrying stuff?

   I could easy fit this load in my 69 VW bug.

   I used to go by the local goverment auctions using this car and
would come home with the backseat completely full, to the roof sometimes,
and often the front seat as well with sun gear.

   Good thing it was down hill to home, it wouldn't make much more then
55mph loaded on level ground if I was lucky.

Barry Keeney
Chaos Consulting
email barryk at chaoscon.com

"Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."