[rescue] Sun USB keyboards/mice?

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sat Sep 15 04:37:39 CDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 12:48:16PM -0700, Curious George wrote:
> Yes.  Though the "identification" appears to
> be set via OFW options.  I.e. I can probably
> make it identify itself as a Gonkulator 976
> if I choose...  :>

To an extent - you can set an oem-banner and logo, but those can be
cleared, at which point the system should go back to defaults. I think :P

> Yes, loud until the banner appears.  Then it quiets
> down again (CPU controls the fan speed?)  Then, loud
> again just before shutting down, etc.  I haven't
> noticed it being this loud during normal operation.
> Though that may be because it is well ventilated.

That would make sense - Solaris has drivers to modulate fan speed based on
CPU temperature. The same can't occur while the machine is at the PROM.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/