[rescue] Ultra 5 NVRAM problems, boot command = bggt

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sat Sep 15 04:23:45 CDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 03:02:33PM -0400, Ahmed Ewing wrote:
> To clarify, the box itself was a Cycle-20 Ultra board, so the U2 PROM
> flashed to it killed it. See, the experiment was also to see if it was
> close enough in design to accept the same OBP code, which of course it
> was not. But the jumpstart process *did* work...  hey, one outta two
> aint bad :-)

You don't even need Jumpstart - I've upgraded various Ultras just by making
the update accessible via tftp and booting it. Weirdly enough, I've never
got it to work with an U2 but various U1s, U5/10s and U60s have worked
fine. I always get "Fast Data Access MMU miss" when network booting the
update on an U2, but the same update works fine when booting from local
disk. Odd.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/