[rescue] Help with V210 rescue

Zach Lowry zach at zachlowry.net
Fri Sep 14 14:18:38 CDT 2007

On Sep 14, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Ahmed Ewing wrote:

> The POST output above is consistent with a motherboard failure
> manifesting itself as what appears to be a hung CPU. If you look in
> the error string, the order of parts to go after is itemized within
> it; the motherboard is indicated before the CPU, so that would explain
> why your partswapping attempts have not yet solved the issue. This
> might also explain why the previous owner was willing to part with it
> :-)
>
> Even though it doesn't appear to be a CPU issue, the designated FRU
> for support purposes would actually be the motherboard assembly with
> CPU(s). Sadly, this isn't a part that's particularly cheap yet, as the
> V210 hasn't yet been EOL'ed by Sun (pre-RoHS version notwithstanding).

I thought I might also point out that this system has a 375-3228
motherboard, which I gathered was kind of unusual. Also, it appears
to have a pair of 1.503GHz CPUs. Sun only sells them in the V240, it
seems.

Any one looking for some spare parts to a V210/V240? :) Or, even
better, have a motherboard laying around?