[rescue] What to do with AT&T 3b2 disk images?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 14 08:46:12 CDT 2007

>From: Ahmed Ewing <aewing at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/09/14 Fri AM 07:53:44 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] What to do with AT&T 3b2 disk images?

<snip>

>* It's actually an internal floppy drive module, but you can use a
>special cable to hang it externally off the docking station port to
>free up an internal bay for another battery or optical / ZIP drive...
>its about as oddball as modern floppy hardware gets. I was actually
>kinda shocked when it did work, but at the time it was the only floppy
>drive in my home.

The Toshiba Libretto had a PCMCIA floppy drive - it has a cable that runs from a PCMCIA controller out to an external floppy drive. They became "popular" when Toshiba got stung with a HW problm in their floppy controllers that didn't work as they should under certain conditions. Toshiba offered PCMCIA floppies for many of the laptop owners who preferred a solution to a check/coupon. This problem spanned several Toshiba models for a number of years...

http://www.toshiba.co.jp/about/press/1999_10/pr2902.htm

Lionel