[rescue] Ultra 5 NVRAM problems, boot command = bggt

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 14 13:16:01 CDT 2007

>From: John Edwards <john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk>
>Date: 2007/09/14 Fri PM 01:09:34 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Ultra 5 NVRAM problems, boot command = bggt

<snip>

>Where about is the Openboot held?
>Can it be upgraded without access to an OS?

OpenBoot needs to function *enough* to get the OpenBoot update started. Typically it is run from the system disk, but I suspect (but do not know) if you could run it off the CD-ROM drive (since all the OpenBoot does is reach out to a bootable device and grab the referenced file and execute it).

Good luck - are Ultra 5 systems hard to find in the UK? They are pretty plentiful back here in the colonies - maybe a forklift upgrade is in order...

Lionel