[rescue] Looking for Cisco 7000 FEIPs

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 14:02:12 CDT 2007

Brian Deloria wrote:
> Sridhar can't he get away with a VIP2-40?  Or something smaller?  I thought
> that I remembered a nasty combo that had a VIP2-40 or VIP2-20? that had FE
> interfaces on it that weren't swapable / removable?

The VIP2-10 and -15 are completely out.  A VIP2-50 with decent memory
will cost less than a VIP2-40 with the full 64MB.  It'll also be
significantly faster.  You need the extra memory if you want any of the
features in recent IOS (of which there are definitely some useful
additions) with dCEF (which is the only way to get decent performance
out of a 7000-series or 7500-series router.

> I still have a stack of 7507's in storage and one 7513 as well as some
> 5513's.
>
> Frankly the 7507's with a Kramer style car winshield make a nice coffee
> table and the 5513 makes a better end table/speaker stand.  My buddy has two
> holding up speakers and holding his viynl within.  The one next to my bed I
> use the two power supply holes to put a shoe into each.

I don't suppose you have any PA-GE cards?  I'm looking for two or three.
  I also wouldn't mind picking up a VIP2-50 or two, but most of the ones
I come across don't have the memory I need.

Peace...  Sridhar