[rescue] Looking for Cisco 7000 FEIPs

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:41:50 CDT 2007

Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> I picked up a few Cisco 7000s (with only minor straining;) a few days
> ago, and am looking for some Fast Ethernet interface processors for it.
>
> I'd like to get the copper version, I don't have a lot of use for
> 100Base-FX :)

You don't want the FEIP.  You want the VIP2-50 and the PA-FE-TX.  Trust me.

It won't even cost that much.  Just make sure your VIP2-50 has at least
64MB RAM.  128 (the max) would be a good idea.

Do the 7000s have the RSP7000 or the RP+SP/SSP?  If it's running an RP,
I *highly* recommend getting an RSP7000.  It would be required for use
with a VIP2 anyway.

Peace...  Sridhar