[rescue] Solaris 10 Update 4 now available for download

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Sep 12 12:10:48 CDT 2007

Francois wrote:

> As far as updates, Samba is at 3.0.25 and includes winbind, if you
> care about that kind of stuff...

   Looks like they also enabled ADS and a few other bells & whistles,
making deployment of Solaris 10 Samba a lot simpler:
      http://blogs.sun.com/timthomas/entry/samba_and_swat_in_solaris
   ...and, more to the point:
      http://blogs.sun.com/jurasek/entry/ads_domain_member_server1

> Most of it
> is all old news if you are on a recent Nevada, as far as the desktop
> is concerned.

   To be honest, I have been averting my eyes from OpenSolaris; we only
use "supported" software, so I try not to tease myself. :7(

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead & Unix System Administrator