[rescue] Sun Blade 2500 power supply question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Mar 13 17:00:16 CDT 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, stephen price wrote:

> Anybody have a sun blade 2500?  I was wondering if I can use a
> high-end 600w pc power supply (or something similar) to replace a sun
> part number power supply.

Since its system board is available from Sun as a separate part for
system-integrators as the SX2500[0], and since that part claims to be
ATX, and since the Blade 1500 also uses a plain-vanilla ATX power supply
(of very shoddy workmanship during the early runs), I'd say "yes".

I don't actually have a Blade 2500 to pull apart, but I'd be very
surprised if that weren't the case.

[0] http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/boards/sx2500/details.xml
--
Jonathan Patschke ) "I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at
Elgin, TX        (   Microsoft."      --Jim Allchin, VP of Platforms