[rescue] Psion Series 3 systems

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon Jul 30 13:38:17 CDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:11:37 -0400 (EDT), Carl R. Friend wrote:
>     That one doesn't work on the individual I have, sadly.  Thanks,
> though, for the idea.  (There *has* to be a key-combo to get out
> of the ruddy thing.)

Did a little googling and experimented with my old 3. Pressing
Up,Down,Esc simultaneously will put you into Sheet (where Psion-X will
exit), or put you onto the system screen on the Sheet icon.

>     "The Wife" bought the Psion 3 sometime in the early '90s, and, to
> be perfectly honest, I slagged off on it at the time (which she
> delights in pointing out to this day!) because of its diminutive
> form factor.  Well, that was my mistake!  They're really very nice
> machines.  I fired my sample off yesterday (after replacing the

Very effective for the time. There are Psion fans still complaining
about the Nokia Communicators lacking features that the 3 or 5 had bck
in the day.

>     How's the hinge standing up?

Ok I believe. I don't think she'll give it up without a fight :) (me
neither!)