[rescue] 1-2-3 for Solaris WAS: Lotus 1-2-3 for DOS

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list at oryx.cc
Sun Jul 29 00:11:06 CDT 2007

Steve,

Thanks for the URL.  I have/had a couple of nice (electronic) documents
that discussed Lotus 1-2-3 on Solaris.

Why we are on the subject of Solaris software,

here is a word perfect for Unix/Solaris

http://www.oldsoftwareinfo.com/wpv.htm

and (see bottom of this email) is an excerpt from a 1999 vintage email
from the Sun Manager mailing list discussing what has happened to
various Adobe products for Solaris.  FYI, FrameMaker is still being
produced, and Acrobat Reader is also still around for Sparc.  x86/x64 is
still at 4.x versions.

Steven M Jones wrote:

STUFF DELETED HERE.

> (Source:
> http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NEW/is_1991_June_13/ai_10844220)
>
> Photoshop was made available on Solaris 2.x, IIRC. WordPerfect was
> available on VMS as well as several flavors of Unix.
>
> But sorry Jerry, I don't have copies of any of this stuff. Framemaker
> 4/5 for SPARC, maybe, but it's submerged deep in storage...
>
> --Steve.

NOTE: this update is from 1999
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
For Solaris platform

Photoshop 3.0.1 - last release on Solaris - development stopped; no plans
for future releases

Illustrator 5.5 - last release on Solaris - development stopped; no plans
for future releases

Framemaker 5.5.6 - continued development and support - no plans to stop
development and support (note that ALL platforms are at the same release
level http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/framemaker/prodinfo.html).

Adobe Acrobat 4.0 (Exchange, Distiller, etc.) for Solaris "future uncertain
- marketing needs to look at demand for the creation of PDF files on the
Unix platform"
This also bothers me a great deal. We rely on the PDF format a great deal.
As you can see there is no mention of Acrobat 4.0 (the latest) for Unix
at: http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/price.html

Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 (free PDF viewer) IS available on most popular
Unix platforms. See http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/readstep.html

FYI: According to the Adobe website all of the apps. listed above ARE Y2K
compliant.