[rescue] Big Iron available in/near Minneapolis

Mark Brown sunrescue at marknmel.com
Sat Jul 28 06:30:04 CDT 2007

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 10:07:54PM -0400, Mark Brown wrote:
>
>> Rather than a MP3000, I would rather have a R390 or a P390.  I think I
>> could afford to power that.....  Anyone have one of these ?
>>

> They're not unobtainum, but they're $$$$obtanium.
>
> I need to fire up Hercules again...

I figured that much and for about as I know about mainframes, they can
remain $$$$un-obtanium.  :-)

As for Herc its been a 2 or 3 years since I looked at it.  I get through
the sysgen, but after that its like, "what the hell do I do with it
now".  I should fire it up again for giggles.  Perhaps I can get a bit
further...

I need a "dumb-me" guide :-)

Is there any old (or not so old) sysprogs hanging out on the rescue list
other than Sridhar, Bill?
(I laugh as I write this I hear Jeff Foxworthy, 'cause if you live in
Poughkeepsie,  you must be a sysprog)

Cheers!

/M