[rescue] Bondi-ng

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Jul 23 11:28:05 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 12:15:11PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
[...]
> anyone know what the disk size limit is in these things? are they lba48,
> or something even earlier? looking to upgrade the 6G disk...

When I rescued an old 400MHz G3, I had to go through several stages of
different OS installs and firmware upgrades before I could get it into a
state where it would recognise non-Apple disks and DVD drives in order for
me to wave Tiger past it. So you will certainly be wanting to do much the
same (but without less pain as yours can already boot into OS X.)

Also, don't forget that you can sidestep any disk limitations by putting
your desired disk into a Firewire enclosure. I'm guessing that your machine
is USB 1.1 and a USB 2.0 enclosure isn't likely to be terribly useful.

On a mouldy-old-Mac note, does anybody know how to get them to properly go
to sleep when they've got third-party PCI cards in them? I had to take the
Adaptec SCSI controller out of my G4 as it caused it to crash when going to
sleep.