[rescue] Bondi-ng

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jul 23 11:15:11 CDT 2007

" From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
"
" Most PC-133 memory will work at the slower speed, but YMMV, I've had
" revision B iMacs happily run with a 128m and 256m SODIMM but I
" don't think I've ever actually seen a revision A model.

some pc133 memory is 'low density' like pc100 and pc66, and works.
some pc133 memory is 'high density' and doesn't.  i believe the
critical difference is the size of the refresh counter.

i also have just acquired an early imac.  dunno what rev it is, but
it's a strawberry 333MHz, and it now runs 10.3 very nicely with 256M
ram.  [watching a spacewalk on nasatv in realplayer right now]

anyone know what the disk size limit is in these things?  are they
lba48, or something even earlier?  looking to upgrade the 6G disk...

" > Can anyone point us at 10.3.* media or ISOs, or have an old and no
" > longer used set of 10.3.* (or for that matter, 10.2.*) media lying
" > around spare?

i have the media in my hands at this moment, but have to return it to
its rightful owner this weekend.  i also have 10.2 i don't have to
return.