[rescue] d1000 terminating cables

Dimitar Vasilev dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 08:14:14 CDT 2007

2007/7/23, Ahmed Ewing <aewing at gmail.com>:

> On 7/23/07, Dimitar Vasilev <dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to setup my e4500 and  my 12 disk d1000 to play together.
> > I have a 3 foot SCSI cable to wire it to the system.
> > However I cannot see scsi id's apart from the cdrom.
> > Will the following parts be fine for the job:
> > 150-1890  HD68 Wide Differential Terminator with LED
> >  530-1883  External SCSI Jumper Cable, HD68 to HD68, 20cm
>
> Those parts will work, but equally if not more importantly, make sure
> that you are attempting to connect the D1000 to a HVD SCSI channel,
> not single-ended (you didn't clarify this). This means you cannot use
> the onboard SCSI ports, which are single-ended. On an E4500 you
> probably have SBus I/O boards, so your best bet would be a UDWIS/S
> card (single-port Ultra Wide Differential SCSI SBus card, 68 pin). The
> Sun part number is 370-2443.
>
> Also remember that if you are trying to see all 12 disk on one
> channel, you'll need a "jumper" cable between the two middle ports on
> the D1000 SCSI interface board to bridge the left and right halves of
> the disk backplane together. The terminator goes on one remaining
> outer port, and the host cable on the other outer port. Otherwise,
> you'll only see six disks maximum.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> -A

Thanks,
I connecting the card straight to the e4500.
I do have an i/o board and 2 outputs - I marked with scsi, one not, which i
presume is connected to
the i/o.
Best regards,

--
PP8P<P8QQ
Q PP0QP8P;P5P2

GnuPG key ID: 0x4B8DB525
Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint: D88A 3B92 DED5 917E 341E D62F 8C51 5FC4 4B8D B525