[rescue] d1000 terminating cables

Ahmed Ewing aewing at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 07:42:19 CDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Dimitar Vasilev <dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to setup my e4500 and  my 12 disk d1000 to play together.
> I have a 3 foot SCSI cable to wire it to the system.
> However I cannot see scsi id's apart from the cdrom.
> Will the following parts be fine for the job:
> 150-1890  HD68 Wide Differential Terminator with LED
>  530-1883  External SCSI Jumper Cable, HD68 to HD68, 20cm

Those parts will work, but equally if not more importantly, make sure
that you are attempting to connect the D1000 to a HVD SCSI channel,
not single-ended (you didn't clarify this). This means you cannot use
the onboard SCSI ports, which are single-ended. On an E4500 you
probably have SBus I/O boards, so your best bet would be a UDWIS/S
card (single-port Ultra Wide Differential SCSI SBus card, 68 pin). The
Sun part number is 370-2443.

Also remember that if you are trying to see all 12 disk on one
channel, you'll need a "jumper" cable between the two middle ports on
the D1000 SCSI interface board to bridge the left and right halves of
the disk backplane together. The terminator goes on one remaining
outer port, and the host cable on the other outer port. Otherwise,
you'll only see six disks maximum.

Hope that helps,

-A