[rescue] Bondi-ng

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:17:56 CDT 2007

On 23 Jul 2007, at 08:07, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 07:55:25AM +0100, Mark wrote:
>>
>> It runs on earlier PCI machines with G3 & G4 upgrades too,l AFAIK.
>
> That depends upon the upgrade. Some of them replace the CPU, and
> some don't. The ones that don't, boot with the old CPU into OS9
> and then "turn on" the new CPU. They may be problematic.

Ahh yes, I forgot about those wretched PCI an Cache-slot upgrades.
I've just made a habit of running new versions of OS X on my PowerMac
9600 in a sort of candid 'two fingers up at Apple' kind of maneuver ;)

I doubt I'll manage it with Leopard though - it's dropped G3 support :(

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>