[rescue] Bondi-ng

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Jul 22 20:17:14 CDT 2007

On Jul 22, 2007, at 6:38 PM, John Francini wrote:

> The "name plate" is on the computer's bottom -- the part that rests
> upon the table.
>
> And yes, others will say you can install 9.x after installing OS X,
> but then you no longer get the choice of booting into OS 9.
>
> If you've never had one of these apart, you will find it somewhat
> entertaining. The active electronics (including the HD and optical
> drives) are on a single subassembly that slides out of the bottom of
> the unit.  The SO-DIMM slots are located in two different places on
> the motherboard -- one easy to get at, the other not so easy.
>
> (Yes, I've been inside the Rev. A-D iMacs before.)
>
> John

Internally it's basically a Wallstreet Powerbook with a tube
attached.  The non "customer accessible" RAM is on the bottom of the
processor card.  Just stick a big DIMM in the bottom one and reserve
the top slot for easy to access upgrades.  My Pismo has a 512MB DIMM
in the bottom slot.

Try to find the 6MB VRAM DIMM upgrade if you don't have it.

Also there are a few Mezzanine slot upgrades for that unit.  I'm not
sure if they are OS X compatible though.  They had Mezzanine SCSI for
instance.  I think they also had Mezzanine video.  I can't remember
who made it... FWB or something.

Andrew