[rescue] Bondi-ng

John Francini francini at mac.com
Sun Jul 22 17:38:51 CDT 2007

The "name plate" is on the computer's bottom -- the part that rests
upon the table.

And yes, others will say you can install 9.x after installing OS X,
but then you no longer get the choice of booting into OS 9.

If you've never had one of these apart, you will find it somewhat
entertaining. The active electronics (including the HD and optical
drives) are on a single subassembly that slides out of the bottom of
the unit.  The SO-DIMM slots are located in two different places on
the motherboard -- one easy to get at, the other not so easy.

(Yes, I've been inside the Rev. A-D iMacs before.)

John

John Francini, francini at mac.com

"The journey is more important than the destination -- that's part of life.
If you only live for getting to the end, you're almost always disappointed."
                               -- Donald Knuth