[rescue] fastest Ultra 5 marketed by Sun?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jul 22 15:58:27 CDT 2007

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> I don't see how this can be so, considering that the Blade 100s we've
> got at work won't do LBA48, either (which are newer than any Ultra
> 5/10 motherboard).

I can offer no explanation other than that I was running a 160GB disk in
an Ultra 10 running OpenBSD, and had the disk completely full[0].  I
never saw any of the classic symptoms of the 128GB limit.

...maybe I shouldn't have given that system away to Goodwill.

[0] I used the system to hold image files of most of the software I have
     so that I didn't have to hunt down CDs.  It also contained periodic
     backups of my CVS hive.
--
Jonathan Patschke ) "When they turn the pages of history, when these
Elgin, TX        (   days have passed long ago, will they read of us