[rescue] Bondi-ng

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 06:02:19 CDT 2007

On 22 Jul 2007, at 06:33, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> The info on how to do that is available on the web.

I enabled root rather more simply in 10.4 by doing a 'sudo passwd
root' from the terminal. It works using 'su -' now in Terminal, I
havn't tried to log into the UI with it yet though.

> For that matter, it's fairly self-explanatory, if you play around
> with Netinfo for a few minutes.

If there's one thing that's never been self explanatory it's NetInfo.
I hate it. It's the one NeXT technology I wish they'd never adopted.
Yes it's probably good for networks and such like but it was half-
heartedly implemented in OS X and as time has gone on it's become
more and more of a thorn.

Apple are slowly ditching NetInfo in favor of conventional UNIX
configuration schemes like /etc files. Less and less tuff is using it
now, I think a good proportion of stuff was ripped out for Tiger, and
another big chunk has gone in Leopard.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: