[rescue] Bondi-ng

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 00:33:09 CDT 2007

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Also, can anyone recommend a quick intro-to-OS-X just to give us the
> basic skinny on where to find what and how to do common tasks that one
> would expect to do on a Unix-based OS, but which are, shall we say,
> non-trivial on OS X?  (For instance, I understand that on OS X, one
> cannot simply 'su -', because root doesn't exist as such.)

root exists just like any other OS.  It just happens that it is disabled
from within Netinfo.  You just have to go into Netinfo and enable it.
The info on how to do that is available on the web.  For that matter,
it's fairly self-explanatory, if you play around with Netinfo for a few
minutes.

Peace...  Sridhar