[rescue] fastest Ultra 5 marketed by Sun?

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sat Jul 21 07:58:00 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 11:55:10PM -0700, James Hartley wrote:
> SunSolve claims that Ultra 5's were as fast as 400MHz, but wasn't
> there traffic some time back on this mailing list of those saying that
> they received U5's with 440MHz CPU's?

I think the U5 only officially supported up to 400Mhz CPUs, but there's no
problem using the 440Mhz models (which were only officially supported in
U10s). The main issue would just be cooling - as I'm sure you know, the U5
and U10 use exactly the same mainboard.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/