[rescue] printing alternatives?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Jul 6 13:08:36 CDT 2007

The steam powered teletype chattered and a message from Mike Hebel rolled
out in a wad of paper tape...
> The steam powered teletype chattered and a message from Robert Darlington
> rolled out in a wad of paper tape...
>> The RaQ 4 is a K6-2 CPU.
>>
>> RaQ 3/4 Note
>>
>> Note that the i386-based RaQ 3, RaQ 3i and RaQ 4 models are not
>> supported by the cobalt port.
>
> That's because they don't _need_ the Cobalt port.  They are Peee-Ceees.

What I meant by this is that the Cobalt port is only for MIPS cpus.

> All you should need for one of these is a distribution that will install
> via net-boot and a serial terminal.  (Or cable with PC and terminal
> software.)

Of course that is not without it's perils:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-cobalt/2005/11/01/0005.html

Seems NetBSD also has bootloader issues.  I would try a Debian install of
some sort.

This man runs Debian on his supposedly:

http://www.weirdnet.nl/openbsd/

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, Think with mind uncluttered, Act with heart
unchained!