[rescue] old printers

Hicheal Morton mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 09:15:29 CDT 2007

wow!

in 1983, i entered a smaller grad school.

the administration demanded the use of typewriters--no computers & no dot
matix printers.
i bought an apple ][e with the 80-column/32k card and a xerox diablo 620
daisy-wheel printer.
it was impossible to tell the difference between the apple/diablo output and
an ibm selectric.

the whole system cost ~$3300.
the diablo cost about $1300 (don't remember is that was with tax or
without).

the president's son entered the doctoral program and talked his dad into
permitting dot-matrix with NLQ (near letter quality).
what a waste of money because of academic jerk-i-ness.

i was so happy to leave that crummy grad school.

the diablo 620 performed very well during its time with me.