[rescue] old printers

Scott Quinn compoobah at valleyimplants.com
Thu Jul 5 18:48:08 CDT 2007

Since there's been some discussion on list about green bar paper and
line printers:

I have a Diablo 620 daisy-wheel model, serial interface goes up to
1200BPS, that needs a home.

Looks like the rodents had a brief residence, there's one standard
ribbon cable that has some gnawing on it (can be replaced easily, it's
the type that IDE/SCSI cables are made from, not the printhead cable),
and it could use a wash and brush up, no major rust though.

Plugged it in and put on the self-test and it started happily
clattering away (no ribbon [have a bunch that came with it,
carbon-film, but I didn't want to open one up] so I couldn't verify
what it was printing). The typewheel was rotating to different
positions, so that bit looks good.

Any interest? free for the taking, Renton, WA. Wide-carriage, even.

For the modern-types, I have a LJII. Fuser isn't getting quite hot
enough (printing will come off in threads if you rub it)- might be an
adjustment or could be a parts unit. Comes with one installed EP-S and
one in a box.

Probably even still have a little Epson letter-size 9-pin tractor feed
parallel if that's of interest.

Scott