[rescue] fire v210 upgrade

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jul 5 10:03:14 CDT 2007

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Bill Bradford wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 11:47:37AM -1000, John Floren wrote:
>>> Gotta say, Carl, you have a mighty impressive collection of
>>> minicomputers and other cool things (slide rules, my favorites!), and
>>> they really do show how well some of those things survive the years.
>>> If only everything was designed that way these days--I could enjoy my
>>> 25-lb laptop ;)
>> Carl's website was what inspired me to get into the collecting/rescuing
>> business, twelve years ago. 8-)
>
> For me, it was James Birdsall's "Sun Hardware Reference".

For me, it was growing up not having enough money to get a computer.  Collecting
old stuff was almost the only way I could have a computer for a long time.

Then in college it was partly how I managed to get things I needed.

After collect, it was how I got servers running at home to do work my PC
couldn't handle.

My collecting has thus usually been much more pragmatic than others.  I rarely
get things I won't use for at least a little while.

Lately I've been more into things I don't need.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto