[rescue] Needed: Older laptops

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jul 4 15:04:16 CDT 2007

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Doug McLaren wrote:

> | Firefox's normal load on my machine is well over 256MB.
>
> That is not normal.  Firefox is fine on this computer, and it's got
> 256 MB.

It's perfectly normal.  I've seen Firefox use 2 -gigabytes- of memory if
I let it.  Usually it chews up 600MB or so on my BSD systems after a few
hours and stays there.  On my Mac, RPRVT + RSHRD is 200MB, and it's only
been running an hour.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "When they turn the pages of history, when these
Elgin, TX        (   days have passed long ago, will they read of us