[rescue] Sun announces DST patch availablity...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jan 29 21:59:42 CST 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> As far as I know, yes; hence $400 (per systems!) being unreasonable.
>
> But, if you read into it a bit, Sun is offering a special upgrade to
> Solaris 10 once the tab exceeds $35K...

I support two systems running Solaris 2.6.  These systems cannot be
upgraded to Solaris 7 or later.  They cannot be easily replaced by
newer systems.  I resent Sun attempting to use the stupidity of our
government (which is insulting enough) as a form of punishment.

Almost certainly there exist installations where the number of systems
stuck at Solaris 2.6 or 7 are far greater than two.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"