[rescue] Quadra 650 - Newb questions/parts seeking

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Fri Jan 26 11:13:13 CST 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 09:42, Michael Parson wrote:

> Another OS you might want to play with on the Quadra is A/UX, Apple's
> previous attempt at running Unix on the Mac hardware.  There are
> ISOs to
> be found on the net.
>
> The fun part of A/UX is that while it is unix underneath, you can
> still
> run a lot of System 7 programs on it too.

I suggested this to the OP in a private email, but I'll echo it here.
A/UX is a lot of fun to play with, and it includes X11 (so you can
run remote applications), there is a lot of GNU software available
for it, plus the System 7 programs. I recommend it to anyone with the
appropriate hardware[0].

I might be able to help someone who wants to acquire a copy, as well.

  - Micah

[0]http://aux-penelope.com/hardware.htm
    Also note: this page has information on using non-Apple CDROMs.