[rescue] Quadra 650 - Newb questions/parts seeking

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 23:45:22 CST 2007

On 1/25/07, Geoffrey S. Mendelson <gsm at mendelson.com> wrote:
> Fine, the email is good, and so is the phone number, Bear in mind,
> I'm 7 hours ahead of the east coast, and don't want to be called from
> Friday night until Saturday night, my time.

No problem, I'm not really a phone person (although, being one half of
the IT dept where I work, a lot of my day is spent on the phone doing
tech support), so any queries I send your way will start off in email
form.

> You should make sure and back up the disk before you wipe it.
>
> BTW, what are you going to do with it?

Definitely planning on backing up the disk before I do anything with it.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it yet.  Initially
probably just play around a bit and familiarize myself with it,
because what little experience I have with the older versions of MacOS
is limited to playing games.  Beyond that, aside from some retro
gaming (as I hear there are some really good MacOS games from this
era), my initial thought is maybe put it to use for my word
processing/spreadsheet/other office tasks.  My needs for those sorts
of tasks are very minimal, so software from that era will likely do
everything I need it to do.  Plus, I tend to be easily distracted, so
it'd probably benefit me to have a separate system for that sort of
stuff that doesn't have any IRC or instant messaging or email or
anything else to distract me.