[rescue] Quadra 650 - Newb questions/parts seeking

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 16:23:27 CST 2007

If I remember right - and of course YMMV - the biggest
thing about the cdrom drive is that it must be
switch/jumper selectable to a 512byte boot block -
hence that's why older apple cd drives always worked
with earlier sun equipment.

Any scsi cdrom that is set-able should work.  I have
seen as fast as a 32x scsi that was jumperable for the
smaller boot block size.

If you need one - I may have one left - contact me off
list & I'll go look.

regards
steve
DFW TX