[rescue] Sun mod/hack: lunchbox style with Sun mobo?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 18:00:32 CST 2007

On 1/15/07, Brian Deloria <bdeloria at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know IBM's have an adapter for the "Ultrabay" or cd/dvd slot to fit
> another hard drive, so  basically anything newer than an ibm 600 should
> support it except for the x series which would require the ultrabase or
> whatever.  I can't speak of any other manufacturers either way.

A road warrior consultant friend of mine has an IBM laptop w/2GB RAM
and 200GB(+ by now likely as not) of disk via two HDs, so he can have
a full install of the company's software, debugging enviro, and his
media files as well to keep him occupied while he's traveling to
customer sites.

In addition to slimline a USB CD/DVD writer, he often carries a small
M-Audio keyboard and an M-Audio USB Midi interface, plus his Nintendo
DS.  The guy is a pack mule, but apparently gets bored easily.  XD

=Nadine=