[rescue] FS : IBM Workpad z50 - Windows CE subnotebook, capable of running NetBSD

K. Arun karbak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 14:05:12 CST 2007

A rather nice review of this machine can be found here :

http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/hardware/ibm/workpad-z50/

The machine I have is in good cosmetic and running condition and
includes all the usual accessories, except for the fact that the
serial cable has been modded by a previous owner for some unknown
purpose. Comes in original IBM packaging with the Windows CE CDs.

I've had a similar unit running NetBSD off a CF microdrive, and if you
can find the elusive 32Mb RAM upgrade, you can even run a lightweight
X11 environment.  See:

http://webpages.charter.net/dbarnes3367/PC/Z50/

Any halfway reasonable offer will be considered. Please contact me off list.

-arun