[rescue] Bad Sectors

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jan 19 12:46:40 CST 2007

Fri, 19 Jan 2007 @ 01:55 -0500, Aaron Finley said:

> On 1/19/07, Geoffrey S. Mendelson <gsm at mendelson.com> wrote:
>
> > Look very carefully at the drives. Warranties have varied of the last
> > 5 years from 1 year to 5 years. Sometimes people give you old drives that
> > still have valid warranties. Most manufacturers will honor the warranties
> > from the date of manufacturing if you can't prove when you bought it.
>
> I actually have already attempted to utilize that option earlier today
> (or yesterday here), but since the drives are OEM branded I am out of
> luck in terms of warranty service.

I think you should try anyway.

I've returned OEM drives to Seagate and Western Digital. They balked
a little at first, but I explained that the seller was either
uncooperative or no longer existed, so I had no other way of getting
warranty service.

If you really think about it, what is the bloody difference anyway?

All the seller can do is exactly what the end user can do: get and RMA
and send the drive back.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Work for something because it is good, not
just because it stands a chance to succeed." -- Vaclav Havel]