[rescue] FS: G3 iBook 700Mhz, with Airport, problems

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Jan 17 00:31:35 CST 2007

I have a G3 "dual USB" iBook, 700Mhz, with the Airport card. (384MB,
10GB drive, CDROM)

It has a funky problem where it works for a while, but if you shift the
laptop it will flake out and show weird lines on the screen.  At that
point you have to turn the machine off.

It appears, from what I can tell on the web, that the graphics chip on
the motherboard, suffers from loose connections, and that careful
heating of the chip can cause the chip to properly reseat itself.

I am not as handy with laptops as I thought I was... available for
parts or repair, $125 plus shipping.  The Airport card alone is worth
about half that.

Cordially
Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net