[rescue] Any Minneapolis area listers ?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jan 10 16:00:44 CST 2007

Wed, 10 Jan 2007 @ 13:19 -0600, Phil Brutsche said:

> b) Retail hardware RAID (ie what you find at Newegg) sucks hard and is
> effectivly Windows only

You might want to look again, because newegg sells a mix of cards, some
of which are supposed to be very good. The bigger problem is they seem
to change the lineup a lot.

For example, I see a $700 Areca, a $500 multi-rail 3Ware, etc.

Also, while I'm browsing newegg, I found some RocketRAID and Adaptec
SATA RAID cards.  Any of them worth having?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["People should have access to the data which
you have about them.  There should be a process for them to challenge any