[rescue] Any Minneapolis area listers ?

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Wed Jan 10 09:07:53 CST 2007

> If you check below the summary at the top of the page, you'll see that
> this MB has the ICH-7R chipset, which supports RAID 0, 1, and 5. Just
> go down to detailed specifications toward the bottom of the page...

I know ICH7R, I have installed many computers with it. It has no RAID in
hardware at all - just software RAID that Intel drivers do.

http://linux-ata.org/faq-sata-raid.html

> I have built a few (2 dozen?) machines using this controller, and to
> take advantage of the on-board RAID, you have to load a RAID
> controller driver from _floppy_ when installing Win Server 2003.

This is just another implementation of software RAID that duplicates
your operating systems softraid.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)