[rescue] Sun 690MP available

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Jan 8 19:58:00 CST 2007

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Steve Sandau <ssandau at gwi.net>
> "
> " []
> "
> " I think I have a B&W Sun monitor that is about the right vintage for
> " this, and an older Sun kb and mouse from a 3/80. (I have the 3/80 as
> " well, just headless.)
>
> if you want to make it a round trip i have a sun 365-1000 5 bnc 19"
> color monitor i'll donate.  i used it briefly with my first sparc
> system but quickly downsized to a sony 15sx.  it's been sitting in a
> corner ever since.
>
> " I wonder if the 85MHz/2M CPUs I have would work in it?
>
> hmmm...  http://www.sunshack.org/data/bootroms.html says the last boot
> rom for the 4/600s was 2.14v3, which i think predates the 85s.

There is a set of ROMs for use with the Hypersparc processors for use on the
6XX series.... SM85s might work with that ROMset.

I have a set of them, and I have a burner... so if anyone needed a set
of these
and wanted to toss reprogramable ROMs and some cash for me to pull the
burner out of mothballs, I could duplicate them.... they are probably
crazy hard to
find now....

-- Curt