[rescue] AX1105 (Netra X1-alike) booting from cdrom problems...

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 10:17:44 CST 2007

On 1/8/07, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Remember, Cable Select requires an appropriate cable, typically an 80 conductor cable - if     > you have the drve jumpered for Cable Select, and use a non-Cable Select cable, your results > will be as the original poster described, now that I think about it.

Huh, you learn something new every day.  I'm primarily a PC guy[0],
and I never knew that Cable Select actually required compatible cables
to work.  After looking at the Wikipedia article and seeing how it
works it makes perfect sense, I guess I just never thought about
needing "special" cables for CS to work.

[0]: I know, those are probably fighting words around here.  :P  But
it's what I grew up with and thus am most familiar with.  Even though
I don't have much experience with non-x86 stuff (something I'd like to
fix), I still find the discussions here and on geeks quite
interesting.