[rescue] some stuff I'm trying to find

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 8 08:55:44 CST 2007

>From: Michael-John Turner <mj at turner.org.za>
>Date: 2007/01/08 Mon AM 01:45:21 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] some stuff I'm trying to find

>On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 11:48:13PM -0500, John Floren wrote:
>> Second, I'm looking for a SCSI drive to go in a DEC Multia. It sounds
>> like a 50-pin drive should do it; if anybody in the area has a few to
>> part with, please contact me.
>
>If you want an internal drive, it'll have to be 2.5" SCSI. Alternatively,
>you should be able to hookup any drive in an external case that you can
>connect with a narrow SCSI connector.

The multia supported 50 pin, 1" "regular" SCSI drives if the proper chassis is involved - there was a PCI chasis and a SCSI chassis. One could accomodate a short PCI card, the other would accept a 3 1/2" SCSI drive. I guess if you could live with the poor IDE performance, you could use a 3 1/2" IDE drive with the appropriate 44 pin to 40 pin adapter cable in a SCSI chassis...

Lionel