[rescue] Mac Backlight Update

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jan 7 12:33:22 CST 2007

I called and spoke to Aaron, the lead tech at the Houston Galleria Apple
Store today, and discussed the situation.  He admitted that in some
cases, smoke can affect a machine - but it boiled down to him saying
"You're under warranty, and you have AppleCare, so we'll take care of you."

I told him how the tech had written off the machine and its issues before
he even finished unpacking the box, and he said "I certainly apologize for
that, and I'll have a word with (the tech) about it".

But, more than once he said "You're under warranty, we'll take care of
things".  He should be calling later today with a diagnosis from an
actual qualified tech (himself) and I feel much better about dealing
with that Apple Store now.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford