[rescue] AX1105 (Netra X1-alike) booting from cdrom problems...

Magnus magnus at yonderway.com
Sun Jan 7 08:26:04 CST 2007

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> The problem I have is that I am not able to get known-good CDROMs or
> DVDROM drives to be seen by the on-board IDE controller.

I doubt this is your problem but I'll throw it out there.

On my X1 I had a CDROM plugged in, it was recognized, but booting off of
it would not work right.  The IDE controller for whatever reason only
sort-of worked if the drive was jumpered for "Cable Select" and had to
be explicitly set as Master or Slave.

Just one other thought... make sure your devalias for cdrom matches the
device found for probe-ide.