[rescue] Anyone want old SunOS 4.1.1, SunOS 3.2, FrameMaker QIC Tapes?

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Tue Jan 2 22:30:43 CST 2007

On Jan 2, 2007, at 8:08 PM, Andy Wallis wrote:

> I would love to get my hands on a SunOS 3 QIC tape. I have a 3/60
> with 4.1.1 and I've been trying to dink around with SunOS 3. I could
> never get the SunOS 3.5 tape that I made to work.

Most likley the reason you never got it to work is because you either
tried to boot off a QIC-150 drive and your boot ROMs are too old
(prior to rev. 2.8) to do it, OR, because you were booting off a
QIC-24 drive (which all Sun-3s can boot from) but wrote the tape in a
QIC-150 (or newer) drive. You can only write a QIC-24 tape in a
QIC-24 drive.

This URL may help you sort out other issues you may be experiencing:

http://www.sun3zoo.de/en/install.html

ok
bear