[rescue] Ultra 1 newbie q'ns

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jan 2 14:45:06 CST 2007

Mon, 01 Jan 2007 @ 18:04 +0000, Peter Corlett said:

> On 1 Jan 2007, at 16:51, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> [...]
> > RAM was going down for awhile, but certainly hasn't lately.
>
> I've heard the prices are going up because people are shoring up
> their systems in anticipation of Vista.

The trend I am talking about has been happening for about 2 years, it is
all computer memory, not just PC memory. Even Kingston's Sun memory has
gone up, though maybe not as much.

Of course, that could still be Vista I guess. Announcing its release 2
years before it was going to be released did put a lot of "Vista Ready"
products on the shelve prematurely.

It's funny how much stuff got that label, and then people found out that
said hardware really isn't Vista ready after all.

> With luck, this will cause ramp-up of production and thus a reduction
> in unit cost for more modest users once the dust settles.

*IF* it is a ramp up in production.

Anyone know where RAM sales numbers might be published?

shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The trade of governing has always been
monopolized by the most ignorant and the most rascally individuals of
mankind.  -- Thomas Paine"]