[rescue] Ultra 1 newbie q'ns

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 1 22:37:28 CST 2007

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/01/01 Mon AM 10:51:27 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Ultra 1 newbie q'ns

>Sat, 30 Dec 2006 @ 19:07 -0500, Steve Sandau said:
>
>> I am glad that at least prices are a little more sane now. The amount of
>> RAM required for certain things is entirely out of hand though.
>
>I just bought 2GB of DDR400 for my AMD64 system.

I just bought 2 Gigs of RAM for my Poweredge 6350 (4x PIII Xeon 550 MHz CPUS) for $60 + $9 S/H (eBay)...

I was happy with that price - of course, I had to look long and hard to find 1 Gig SoDIMMs for under $100/each for my new Mac Book Pro (from the Apple Factory Outlet - last generation model, but $650 off list price)...

Lionel