[rescue] 480Mhz Cpu's in an Ultra 2 Chasis? Can it be  ?done?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 23 09:33:11 CST 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/02/23 Fri AM 08:46:05 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] 480Mhz Cpu's in an Ultra 2 Chasis? Can it be  ?done?

>On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 08:41:10AM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Ran it - it won't boot on my MacBook Pro, this is the latest Solaris 10
>> Install Check 1.2, derived from Update 3 of Solaris.
>
>Do you have BootCamp installed, so that the MBP will boot "normal" PC
>boot devices?

Bootcamp is intalled, but all I did was hold down the "c" key and boot from
CD-ROM.

It stalled at "Loading Stage 2..."

drive, no odd reports of unsupported devices, networking works out of the
box). VMWare Fusion is currently a beta, available for free download from
their website.

They list Solaris 10 and Solaris 10 x64 as supported, and Solaris 9 is
experimental. I'm installing Solaris 10 32 bit, then I'll try the
companionware and development tools DVDs... So far, it's pretty good.

Lionel