[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Apr 27 08:47:24 CDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 08:43:15PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
[...]
> In fact, if I had a lot of money and bought an Apple, first thing I would
> do is toss their low end video and hard drives and get something better.

It's often aa idea to buy the lowest-spec you can and upgrade memory, disks
and optical drives rather than pay Apple's scary prices, yes. Other
components are generally not user-upgradable: video cards may be
electrically compatible but don't have the right firmware.

It's even harder to upgrade laptops, of course: RAM and disk is about your
lot.