[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Apr 24 10:25:28 CDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 12:41:09PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> Similarly,
> my home fileserver has had to have similar treatment on its SATA port
> because it's fouled by actually putting a hard disk rather than a floppy
> drive in the second drive bay.

Am I the only person who wishes for some kind of positive friction or clamp
connection for SATA data connectors?  I swear, the SATA cable going from
my motherboard (ASRock 939Dual-SATA2) to my Hitachi 80G SATA drive (on my
Windows gaming box) will dislodge if I look at it funny.  I've been tempted
to tape it in place.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford